PALEO APPLE PANCAKES
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 15 mins TOTAL TIME: 30 mins SERVINGS:6 servings
Fall in New England is apple picking season. Many of us enjoy a fresh, crisp apple but are often left with a bushel of apples and desperate for some good recipes to use them in. These paleo apple pancake are fluffy, perfectly spiced with cinnamon and have a sweet crunch of the maple apple topping with every single bite.
Made from almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour, these pancakes are light, fluffy, and taste like any classic pancake recipe. In fact, most will never know they’re not traditional pancakes.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or any dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter, or coconut oil to coast skillet
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or more as desired
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-high heat and coat with ghee, butter or coconut oil.
Spoon the batter onto the skillet, keeping your pancakes approximately 3-4 inches in diameter. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
While the pancakes are cooking, make the apple topping in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped apples, butter or ghee, maple syrup, and cinnamon to the pot and let it simmer 10-12 minutes, or until the apples are soft.
Serve immediately with the apple topping poured over the pancakes.
- You could use any milk in this recipe, including my cashew milk, almond milk or hemp milk.
- Each serving is 2 pancakes, so this recipe makes a total of 12 pancakes.
CALORIES: 295kcal, CARBOHYDRATES: 36g, PROTEIN: 7g, FAT: 15g, SATURATED FAT: 7g, CHOLESTEROL: 119mg, SODIUM: 307mg, POTASSIUM: 151mg, FIBER: 6g, SUGAR: 20g, VITAMIN A: 308iu, VITAMIN C: 3mg, CALCIUM: 96mg, IRON: 1mg